Compiling druntime on ldc2 - Win 8 x64

Sebastian Graf SebastianGraf at t-online.de
Tue May 14 20:30:05 PDT 2013

On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 11:44:46 UTC, Sebastian Graf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is appropriate for this section...
> I have difficulties building ldc from the repository on Visual
> Studio 11 Win8 x64.
> It compiles fine up to the point where ldc is invoked to
> compile the druntime.
> this is an example failure: http://pastie.org/5854353 it fails
> to build druntime-ldc.vcxproj, druntime-ldc-debug.vcxproj and
> generate-headers.vcxproj, all while handling core.atomic.
> Every attempt to compile atomic.d "by hand" results in ldc2.exe
> crashing with similar stack traces.
>
> What actually flashes my naive view is the fact, that "real" is
> only used in a string, which seems to be accepted by the lexer
> as a declaration...
>
> Except for many warnings, llvm, libconfig++ and ldc itself
> compiled just fine.
>
> Greetings,
> Sebastian

Yeah, so here we go, 15 minutes after posting... The compiler
refused to parse an fp literal (1.0f), because
ld_setll(longdouble*, __int64) failed. I don't have that much
experience with assembler, but loading from [rsp] instead of
[esp] in the second line of the definition in ldfpu.asm resolved
the error for me. I hope this is nothing forbidden to do.