Compiling druntime on ldc2 - Win 8 x64

Sebastian Graf SebastianGraf at t-online.de
Tue May 14 20:30:05 PDT 2013

On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 12:54:32 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 12:21:58 UTC, Sebastian Graf
> wrote:
>> Yeah, so here we go, 15 minutes after posting... The compiler
>> refused to parse an fp literal (1.0f), because
>> ld_setll(longdouble*, __int64) failed. I don't have that much
>> experience with assembler, but loading from [rsp] instead of
>> [esp] in the second line of the definition in ldfpu.asm
>> resolved the error for me. I hope this is nothing forbidden to
>> do.
>
> Please consider submitting a pull request containing the change
> on GitHub.
>
> The mixed use of esp and rsp in that file looks strange indeed,
> but I have never looked at that code before, so it would better
> be reviewed by Kai (@redstar).
>
> David

Done. Yet somehow I still can't get it to link druntime. Both in
release and debug mode I get
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t0cs92zx(v=vs.110).aspx ,
because /O2 is combined with /RTC1, although the make file defs
don't mix anything up. For the exact cl arguments see
http://pastie.org/5856844.