Compiling druntime on ldc2 - Win 8 x64

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Tue May 14 20:30:05 PDT 2013

Hi Sebastian!

On 25.01.2013 13:21, Sebastian Graf wrote:

> Yeah, so here we go, 15 minutes after posting... The compiler refused to
> parse an fp literal (1.0f), because ld_setll(longdouble*, __int64)
> failed. I don't have that much experience with assembler, but loading
> from [rsp] instead of [esp] in the second line of the definition in
> ldfpu.asm resolved the error for me. I hope this is nothing forbidden to
> do.

The file is part of DMD and used in the MSVC build. Maybe you can try to
build DMD with Visual Studio? I would expect that DMD crashes, too.

Nevertheless the mix of rsp and esp looks strange and is doomed to fail
if the stack address gets larger then 32bit. (That might be a difference
between Win 7 and Win 8. I never saw this problem on Win 7.)

I'll try your pull request...