Compiling druntime on ldc2 - Win 8 x64

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue May 14 20:30:07 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 26 January 2013 at 00:55:53 UTC, Sebastian Graf
wrote:
>> I got the same error and got rid of it by editing the VS
>> project files generated by cmake. The debug configurations of
>> druntime, druntime-debug, phobos and phobos-debug use the
>> /RTC1 switch (set in XML by something like
>> <RuntimeChecks>EnableFastChecks</RuntimeChecks>). After
>> removing these lines, the build works. It's strange though,
>> because the debug configs disable any optimization (/Od), so
>> the /O2 must be set somewhere else. Plus I'd expect the
>> release configs to be built, not the debug ones...
>
> I did exactly the same before I got the tip on where to edit
> the makefile. Kinda nasty to remember to apply all those
> patches again and again...

Try putting
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/master/runtime/CMakeLists.txt#L319
in an "if(NOT MSVC)" block. If it does the trick, please submit
it as a pull request (can't test on Windows/MSVC right now).

Not building the C parts of the debug runtime in release mode
will only decrease performance of debug builds of code that uses
e.g. the built-in zlib copy (std.zlib, std.zip).

David