LLVM 3.3 release testing

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri May 10 12:45:17 PDT 2013

On Friday, 10 May 2013 at 16:14:01 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Now I know that I stumbled across some of the failure
> (std.array, std.container, std.datetime) while I did the
> Linux/PPC64 port. I did not pay attention to it because I
> thought it was a PPC64 problem only....

Without a closer look, it might or might not be the same issue,
depending on whether the problem is in the IR-level
transformations (unlikely), the LLVM EH codegen or our
personality function. I didn't really look at the problem yet
besides reducing it, will tackle #340 (std.bigint) first.

For everyone just following this thread: The issue in its reduced
form (see GitHub #328) occurs also with LLVM 3.2, but is
triggered as part of normal testsuite runs with 3.3, likely
because of the inliner being more aggressive.

Kai, do you have time to look into this, or should I try to
squeeze it in my schedule for tomorrow? I'd love to be able to
release a beta on Sunday, so that we have a stable base to tackle
the 2.063 merge (including shared libraries), DDMD, ARM, etc.
from.

David