LLVM 3.0 support

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat May 11 14:46:27 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 21:12:01 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Maintaining LLVM 3.0 compability is a burden. The whole
> llvmcompat.cpp file is only dedicated to this. (llvmcompath.h
> has only 1 additional define for LLVM 3.1.)
>
> Therefore I think it can be dropped. I like to put more effort
> in integrating new LLVM features like passing of linker
> switches to object files (for pragma lib).

Mhm… I think the safest option right now would be to try and make
everything work with LLVM 3.0 for the pending release, and
immediately after branching drop 3.0 support.

This would entail reverting my float-abi stuff on the release
branch.

> BTW: Would it be possible to configure the lycus CI to
> additionally use a LLVM head? This would help if something
> breaks because of new LLVM behaviour (as in the exception case).

Alex? ;) What we could do for Travis, though, is to upload our
own nightly LLVM .debs (if there aren't any out there) to some
server and pull them in before builds. We already do something
similar for LLVM 3.1 right now, just using some PPA instead.

David