LDC 0.11.0: Release branch created, Windows/OS X issues

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Fri May 24 08:01:39 PDT 2013

On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 21:01:34 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Thanks for your opinions!
>  — David

The Linux version is rock solid and everybody is waiting for a
release. The bug [4] is fixed now so a new user group could be
attracted with MinGW build.

In contrast the OS X version is broken with LLVM 3.2 and LLVM 3.3
head. And I am not sure if OS X really counts as LLVM release
blocker (e.g. any PPC bug is per definition no release blocker).

As summary I think we should release the 0.11.0 version. If the
OS X regression gets really fixed then we can create a minor
update in 2 or 3 weeks.

If we wait too long now then the dmd 2.063 release is out and
then we are eager to merge the new frontend... ;-)