Towards 0.12.0; release an alpha now?

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Mon Oct 7 22:21:39 PDT 2013

On Monday, 7 October 2013 at 07:07:12 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> Has there been any further progress on windows x64 exception
> handling?

Hi Benjamin!

There is some progress but not too much. My LLVM patch for EH
handling had 5 parts and of these 5 parts only 3 passed the
review and I could commit them. For the remaining 2 parts:

- a convincing argument for the LLVM reviewers would be clang
support
- there is a bug in the stack alignment code which leads to
compile time failures
- dead epilogue code is still removed which leads to runtime
crashes

On LDC side exception chaining is not implemented (but this is
not a major issue compared with the other topics).

I am still working on these topics - I currently try to fix the
stack alignment issue.