LDC 0.12.0 alpha 1 released, please help test!

safety0ff safety0ff.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:14:04 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 9 October 2013 at 13:54:29 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> We use Git submodules for druntime, Phobos and dmd-testsuite.
> This means that they are tied into the main repository via a
> specific
> commit ID, so the v0.12.0-alpha1 tag in the LDC repository
> unambiguously identifies the druntime/Phobos versions to use.
>
> Not having to manually maintain the cross-dependencies between
> repositories, which is rather error-prone, is actually one of
> the few advantages of submodules.
>
> David

Ok, I've looked over some options an putting the SHA1's into the
ebuild seems to be the best overall approach for testing builds.

I looked into scripting fetching SHA1's and it's possible but
it's not as tidy.

Stable builds should have full source uploaded as is currently
done.

As for the issues I mentioned, it seems I was fooled by paths
that are input as absolute paths but used as relative paths when
it comes to installation.

Nevertheless, I did "fix" the way bash-completion installation is
handled.

I'll send a pull request soon.