LDC 0.12.0 alpha 1 released, please help test!

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Oct 17 10:28:18 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> This little program still shows a significant loss of performance compared
> to dmd:
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Zebra_puzzle#Alternative_Version

Sorry, I think I never replied to this so far: I had a brief look at
this, and it seems like this isn't really a single codegen bug, but
rather LLVM being too smart for its own good and rearranging things so
there is an awful lot of branch mispredictions in the inner loop.

It would be nice if somebody else could have a look at this, though,
as my copy of VTune is acting up…

David