LDC 0.12.0 alpha 1 released, please help test!

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Oct 17 11:00:39 PDT 2013

On 17 Oct 2013, at 15:15, Kai Nacke wrote:
> To improve development I ordered an IFC6410
> (http://www.inforcecomputing.com/product/moreinfo/ifc6410.html): 4 ARM
> cores @1.7 GHz, 2GB RAM and SATA port. I hope I can really develop
> with this board (my NAS is really slow....)

That seems like a nice system to work on indeed, and quite a bit more
powerful than the ODROID-X I use (4 x 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9, 1 GB RAM). I
think the SATA port will be particularly nice, as I/O performance tends
to be the bottleneck on my board. But even given that, I tend to just
compile everything on there, since it is fast enough that setting up a
cross-compilation environment wasn't really worth the hassle so far.

Flash wear is really noticeable when using SD cards or eMMC modules for
development, so that's another plus point. Unfortunately, there weren't
really any affordable boards with (e)SATA available at the time I bought
mine.

David