LDC 0.12.0 has been released

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Oct 23 11:07:34 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
>> Well, DMD is quite heavily optimized for speed, while there has been
>> hardly done any work on that front for LDC at all. 4x
>> seems to be a bit excessive indeed (at least for an unoptimized
>> build),
> DMD is optimized for compilation speed of unoptimized builds.

Yes, but for optimized builds, it would not be very surprising if LDC
was quite a bit slower, as it simply performs a lot more
optimizations. You are right, even with heavy optimizations, we are
probably not going to beat the DMD backend in debug build performance,
but a 4x slowdown seems a bit much.

David