Building latest LDC on windows

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Sun Sep 8 07:49:14 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 8 September 2013 at 14:26:08 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
> I've fixed runtime to use MSVCRT, everything except one goes ok.
>
> Now last problem is on handling exceptions. LDC uses DWARF2
> functions from GCC.
> Why not instrinsics from LLVM? LLVM supports SJLJ exception
> handling.
>
> http://llvm.org/docs/ExceptionHandling.html
>
> I don't know just now how properly rewrite exception handling
> in LDC to use LLVM functions.
>
> I'll respect the one who can help deal with it.

Hi Temtaime,

LLVM uses solely Dwarf EH handling. But the implementation
differs: if the unwind functions from libgcc are available then
they are used (e.g. Linux). If not available then SJLJ is used
(if implemented) or the handling from the OS (as my Win64 patch
does). If nothing is implemeted (e.g. Win32) then exceptions are
simply ignored.

I once had a look into SJLJ EH lowering but it is complicated,
too.

Regards