File Intrinsics.td not found

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Fri Sep 13 14:43:37 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:32 PM, FreeSlave <freeslave93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I set LLVM_INTRINSIC_TD_PATH to correct path. Then I got errors again -
> building system for some reasons assumes that llvm placed only in /usr
> directory and does not check /usr/local. Well, it's not difficult to move
> libs and other stuff to /usr. But now it asks libLLVMHexagonCodeGen.a and I
> have no this library in llvm at all. I installed llvm in standard
> "./configure make make install" way. I tried llvm3.2 and llvm3.3

The build system does not make such assumptions. Instead, it uses the
llvm-config binary to locate the required dependencies (or the
LLVM-provided CMake file on Windows). Most likely, there is another
instance of LLVM present on your system, the llvm-config executable of
which is picked up by the CMake scripts. That other instance (e.g.
from your distro's package?) was apparently also built with support
for the Hexagon target, thus libLLVMHexagonCodeGen.a appears in its
list of libraries to link.

If you want to use a specific instance of LLVM, try setting
LLVM_CONFIG to the path of its llvm-config binary (or LLVM_ROOT_DIR to
the prefix where it has been installed).

David