SPARC Solaris Support

Joakim dlang at joakim.airpost.net
Tue Apr 8 09:38:15 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 8 April 2014 at 15:54:52 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Hi Joakim!
>
> On Tuesday, 25 March 2014 at 06:23:33 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> Hi Joakim!
>>
>> On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 20:38:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>> Alex already put in a fair amount of Solaris/x86 support into
>>> dmd and druntime.
>>
>> Good to hear! I installed OpenSolaris now. Let's see if I can
>> get LDC running on it.
>
> With the help of the sfe repository, I was able to compile ldc
> with LLVM 3.4 on latest OpenIndiana edition (merge-2.064 branch
> with my latest commit).

Good to hear it.  If you start having segfaults in ldc because of
memory issues, you may want to look into whether gcc is actually
working properly, by running its testsuite.  I built gcc from
source from pkgbuild back then, or whatever it is they use to
generate the sfe packages, and had problems with the binaries
their gcc would compile.  I had to recompile gcc with another
flag to get it to work right.

> As usual, core.thread does not compile. I investigate...

Hmm, for X86, I doubt much will have to be done, but then I can't
say I messed with Solaris threading.

> Looks like a SPARC version could be created with reasonable
> effort...

I'm sure Nordlöw is looking forward to it. :)