blockaddress(@function, %block) IR?

Tove via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 16 20:35:13 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 17 August 2014 at 02:30:33 UTC, Tove wrote:
> ======================
> use of undefined value '@fun'
> ======================
> %tmp = call i8* @fun()
> ======================
>
> Best Regards,
> Tove

I guess one possible conclusion from this is that ldc invokes
llvm to translate the inlineIR totally isolated from the rest of
the d-file and thus is unable to access any global symbols which
are not parameters to the template?

If it simply had concatenated the output generated by the
inlineIR to the end of the output generated by the rest of the
translation unit, then it would most likely have worked?

Well, I'm just speculating, I should familiarize myself with the
ldc source one sunny day.