blockaddress(@function, %block) IR?

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 19 05:57:27 PDT 2014

On 19 Aug 2014, at 11:03, Kagamin via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> Such things should be tested with IR to see if the feature is provided
> by LLVM at all.

LLVM indeed provides this feature; in fact, that's the entire point of
the intrinsic in question.

The problem is that inline IR support was not written with this sort of
dependencies in mind (and I don't see us making any stability guarantees
for the generated IR, e.g. that "foo:" is always lowered to %label_foo).

It might be possible and reasonable to delay emitting any inline IR
wrapper function bodies until after the main function has been
completed. In fact, it shouldn't even be too difficult to throw together
a quick implementation, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to look
into this right now.

Cheers,
David