LDC 0.14.0 shared library sonames

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 20 15:45:18 PDT 2014

Hi Konstantinos,

On 20 Aug 2014, at 11:42, Konstantinos Margaritis via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
> So, which one is the "proper" soversion to be used? 2.0.65 or .65?

65 is the soversion, 2.0.65 is the library version. Because we break
binary compatibility on every release right now, they are effectively
incremented in lockstep. But in principle they are not related at all.

In other words, if we ever reach a state where the ABI is stable across
releases, we might, say, have libphobos2-ldc.so.97 symlinking to
libphobos2-ldc.so.2.0.99. I don't think the scheme is different from the
established convention at all.

Best,
David