LDC 0.14.0 shared library sonames

Konstantinos Margaritis via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 21 09:01:41 PDT 2014

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:43:43 +0000
David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc <digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, 20 August 2014 at 22:45:30 UTC, David Nadlinger via
> digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> > I don't think the scheme is different from the established
> > convention at all.
>
> (But if it is a problem for Debian packaging regardless, please
> be sure to let us know! -- David)

Well, not sure if it is right now. The convention with lib packages is
that the actual binary (with the actual soname used be it 2.0.65
or .65) is included in the libs package (in this case since 65 is an
ABI version, libphobos2-ldc65 is chosen). The other can be symlinks, so
I guess something like the following would be acceptable -though it
might raise a few questions from some Debian guys):

lib*-ldc.so.65     ---> libphobos2-ldc65 (lib package)
lib*-ldc.so.2.0.65 ---> libphobos2-ldc-dev (-dev package)
lib*-ldc.so        ---> libphobos2-ldc-dev (-dev package)

The last two are symlinks to the .so.65 libs.

As for the debug libs, I think I'm just going to install them to a
single -debug package.

Regards

Konstantinos