Building LDC for the first time

Daniel N via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 01:06:39 PDT 2014

On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 16:26:33 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I could not verify the second issue - but I only tried after
> fixing the linker issue. I have to use VS 2013 soon as LLVM
> project discusses to raise the minimum VS version to 2013 for
> version 3.6
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Dear Kai,

I made some progress in identifying the Runtime build issue.

Basically version(LDC) && version(Win32) is true, but
version(MinGW) isn't.

I tried a workaround, but MinGW is reserved I was not allowed to
set it.
version( LDC )
{
//  version( Win32 )
//      version = MinGW;
     version( Win64 )
         version = MSVC_RUNTIME;
}

If I hack the file, so that the MinGW codepath is taken, then it
compiles perfectly(until I hit the same issue in another file).

I haven't backtracked how 'version' is implemented yet, I guess
the issue could originate all the way from cmake?

Best Regards,
Daniel N

PS Is there a switch to print the built-in versions? I couldn't
find it.