Building LDC for the first time

Daniel N via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 27 07:59:31 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 at 17:00:37 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Thanks for the hint. I committed the change. If you like you
> can try it...
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Thanks, the patch works like a Charm! It allowed me to find the
next(and probably final issue).

When building with LLVM 3.5 my GCC/GAS is not happy with certain
COMDAT directives, I tested switching to build with my own
compiled LLVM 3.4.2 that is fully functional as expected.

If I use "-disable-linker-strip-dead" then the 'one_only' syntax
returns to the old 3.4.2 style, but the new 'discard' syntax
remain despite the switch, see below comparison for what I mean.

=== 34 ===
.text
.linkonce discard

.section	.text,"xr",one_only,__Dmain
.section	.text,"xr",discard,__D4dial13__T6createTiZ6createFNaNbNfiZi

=== 35 && -disable-linker-strip-dead ===
.text
.section	.text,"xr",discard,__D4dial13__T6createTiZ6createFNaNbNfiZi

Regards,
Daniel N