iphone + LDC, a new ARM adventure

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Feb 10 09:28:52 PST 2014

On 5 Feb 2014, at 8:32, Dan Olson wrote:
> Success building phobos this way and was able to writeln() to the
> Xcode
> console from iPhone 4.  Again, druntime rt_init() and D functions are
> called by the iOS app's C main (not using dmain2 main).

Coming back after a while and reading about that kind of progress while
going through the mail inbox backlog is awesome!

Regarding the assertion failures when emitting object code from within
LDC, I'd use a debug build and GDB to figure out to try and figure out
what could be the cause of the problem, and then compare the pass list
(-debug-pass=…) and TargetOptions between llc and LDC (assuming that
you already checked the obvious things, such as the target CPUs selected
being the same, …).

David