Working LDC iOS (iPhone) on github

Dan Olson zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 22:44:48 PST 2014

Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> writes:

> If TLS is not natively supported, can it be emulated like DMD
> currently does on OS X?

David talked about doing something like that.  BTW (and aside), does dmd
still emulate tls on OSX?  If so, is someone planning to switch it to
OSX's thread locals?

Jacob, it looks like you have been playing with D on Mac for awhile.  I
searched D forums for iOS or Mac stuff and your name comes up.  I think
as a next step (pun intended) it would be cool to try something you have
done to interface D with the objc world.  For now, I am just creating C
functions as needed to glue objc messages to D.

Also started playing some with the ObjC Runtime calls like

  objc_msgSend(obj, sel_registerName("release"))

to do stuff like

  [obj release];

That could go along way with some handy wrapper functions.  Then there
is the project I think you mentioned to make D compiler directly support
objc interfaces.  Would it be much work to fold it into the current
compiler?

Anyway, looking forward to any tools or thoughts you have.  For now,
exception handling seems the most useful missing feature.  So I am
looking at that.
--
Dan