Working LDC iOS (iPhone) on github

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sat Feb 15 07:12:32 PST 2014

On 15 Feb 2014, at 7:58, Dan Olson wrote:
> David suggested we could do that with ldc.  I think it is a good
> approach.
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/m2d2k79zsl.fsf@comcast.net?page=3#post-mailman.287.1389372405.15871.digitalmars-d-ldc:40puremagic.com

The big question is how to best implement it, though.

 From an LDC perspective, the best would be to add support for emitting
the TLS variables into a bracketed section and inserting runtime calls
to access them directly to LLVM; then none of the LDC code (resp. the
generated LLVM IR) would actually have to change.

That might be too much work for this option to be feasible, though – I
never really looked at how the various targets lower TLS accesses
(besides Win32/MinGW, where I contributed a few small fixes).

I suppose the best way to go about this would simply be to ask for
advice on llvm-dev, probably somebody can judge the involved trade-offs
much better than I can.

David