iphone + LDC, a new ARM adventure

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jan 6 12:11:49 PST 2014

On 2014-01-06 14:06, David Nadlinger wrote:

> Why would you think otherwise, Jacob? Including more context with your
> messages would make a fair amount of them infinitely more useful…

I was basing that on that the Objective-C modern runtime uses DWARF EH
[1] and iOS uses the modern runtime [2]. It seems that's only the case
on Mac OS X and not iOS. I found this [3] post on stackoverflow saying
Apple chose SJLJ on iOS due to reduce binary size. So it seems you were
right.

[1] The bottom of:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/Cocoa/RN-ObjectiveC/#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40004309-CH1-DontLinkElementID_11

[2]