iphone + LDC, a new ARM adventure

Dan Olson zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 21:34:51 PST 2014

"Szymon Gatner" <noemail at gmail.com> writes:

> Slightly OT but I am just really curious: how long do you think it
> will take to make D work on iOS? 3 months? 6? By the end of the year?
> Asking because it is a major argument when convincing my managers to
> switch from C++. I am sooo rooting for you guys!

Hi Szymon,

I don't know if anybody else is working on it and for me it is just a
hobby/fun puzzle to use D in iOS.  I do not write iOS apps for a living
and am not sure where Apple would stand on getting a D-based app through
the App Store review.  It is too early to consider D as a viable iOS
compiler chain.

Right now we are stuck on proper code gen.  Then there will be
implementation of proper thread support, exception handling, thread
local vars, and passing the D runtime/phobos unittests.  And much more.

--
Dan