driver/tool.cpp

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 8 12:51:11 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 at 19:44:46 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Maybe you accidentally modified the file permissions, although
> this should show up in git diff? Or did you change your
> autocrlf settings? In any case, git reset --hard HEAD should
> remove all local modifications (be careful!) and reset the
> working tree to the latest commit.

Already tried reset --hard HEAD to no avail.  It was my second
thought after git checkout. :-(

I have not deliberately touched any file in the repo, but I did
switch from a checkout of the merge-2.065 branch to master
recently.  The problem file emerged when I pulled from master.
Don't know if that has any relevance.

Oh, and I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 with git 1.9.1.

There's some stuff on StackOverflow about how this can show up on
Windows if the repo contains files that whose names are
equivalent if case is not considered, but that's obviously not
the case on case-sensitive Linux.