Building for ARM with LDC

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 03:16:35 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I decided to start trying out the ARM embedded programming ideas
in Adam Ruppe's D Cookbook.  Speaking as a complete newcomer to
this area of programming, I was wondering: although Adam advises
using GDC in his tutorials, would it be possible to use LDC
instead -- and if so, what to use in place of the calls to
arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabi-gdc,
arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabi-as, arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabi-ld,
and arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabi-objcopy ... ?

I'm building LDC on top of llvm 3.4, so is the ARM support here
adequate in any case?

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe