Building for ARM with LDC

Mike via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 17:56:30 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 15:29:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 13:35:19 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> On Arch Linux, the LDC package seems to already include ARM
>> Thumb
>
> btw if you have any suggestions for building default gdc / ldc
> packages in Arch Linux to make those better suitable for
> embedded experiments, please either write me via
> public at dicebot.lv or add an issue here :
> https://github.com/Dicebot/Arch-PKGBUILDs
>
> I am very interested in making this experience as easy to try
> out as possible for random intrigued by-passers.

I think if users are somehow aware that there will be no runtime
or phobos it may be ok to create a distributable package.  But if
user's expect everything to just work, they may come away
disappointed.

We may be able to bundle the newlib C library and a phony
object.d for the runtime.  But, I wouldn't want users' first
experience with D on microcontrollers to leave them with a bad
taste in their mouth.  I'll have to think about it some more.
I'm not sure right now.