Which branch?

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 09:13:27 PDT 2014

Hi Russel!

On Thursday, 5 June 2014 at 05:38:48 UTC, Russel Winder via
digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems right to rebuild LDC not using master. However whilst
> there is
> a merge-2.065, it seems a long way behind merge-2.064 in terms
> of having
> everything from master merged in, along with there being lots
> of bug
> fixes in merge-2.064 not in merge-2.065.
>
> I may have missed a memo, in which case apologies, but wouldn't
> it be
> better to effectively ditch merge-2.064 and put all effort into
> merge-2.065?

I would recommend to use the merge-2.064 branch because all
development happens in this branch. I'll merge this branch into
master branch soon as you are the third person asking about the
branches in two days...

The merge-2.065 branch misses some commits but should be usable,
too. I do not ditch merge-2.064 in favor of merge-2.065 because
the last remaining bug in merge-2.064 is also present in
mere-2.065... I really want to push out the next stable release
soon.

Regards,