CMake fail?

Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 10:39:25 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 16:15 +0000, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
[…]
> This looks like a problem with your environment. (Wrong path to
> libconfig include dir?) The merge-2.065 branch compiles fine and
> has only some unit tests failures.

The problem was easy to fix, I just had to install libconfig++-dev. It
was really that I had expected the dependency system of CMake to realize
I did not have the dependency in place, and not start the compilation.
On reflection though, and due to the non-error I reported (and David
correctly, corrected me :-) I think what happened was that used an old
configuration on a newly installed system, so there wasn't a
configuration phase to catch the problem. I am (perhaps too) used to
SCons which does not have the separation of configuration and build that
CMake and Waf have. With SCons you cannot get this problem as each run
recheck the configuration.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk