Interesting, …

Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 6 10:23:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 16:11 +0000, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
[…]
> Which branch and which LLVM version did you use?

I am compiling LDC merge-2.065 HEAD, using GCC 4.8.2 with LLVM 3.4 on
Fedora 20.

I will do something similar on Debian Sid, but there I try to use GCC
4.9 since I invariably try to compile my own stuff with -std=C++1y.

[…]
> Yes, this has to be investigated. A "magical" increase in
> performance might also be a problem with measurement or a
> compiler bug. But hopefully not! :-)

First thought has to be bad user code, but in this case I think not, but
it could still be a factor.

I am going to have to create new versions of the code to be working with
benchmark frameworks rather than just the "one off timing" stuff I
currently have.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk