Remaining Travis merge-2.064 failure

Christian Kamm via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 14 05:18:53 PDT 2014

> Thinking about this a bit, it seems very plausible that the compiler
> actually works as intended here.

For what it's worth, compiling stdio.d with dmd 2.064 also does not emit
object.capacity(). So if dmd's phobos was built the same way as ldc's, I
expect it'd have the same issue.

It seems like we could imitate what dmd -lib does or use --gc-sections
like David suggested to fix this for real.

Could we, as a workaround, reorder the object files in the phobos
library to make std.net.curl come last? Does the static linker work that
way? It's annoying that this blocks a new ldc version from being released.

Regards,
Christian