Which mingw-w64 version and packager? Is cygwin's ok?

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Wed Mar 5 09:25:24 PST 2014

Hi Bruno!

On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 at 13:50:43 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> I'm trying out LDC for the first time (0.12.1).
> I understand a recent version of mingw-w64 is required. I was
> looking at: http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/download.php
> and I was wondering if the Cygwin versions are good? They seem
> recent enough (based on GCC 4.8.2?), but they don't support SEH
> and C11/C++11 threading AFAIK. Is that an issue for LDC?

Even if a recent mingw-w64 package is required, LDC is only
supported on 32 bit. You can use the version mentioned in the
wiki (http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_on_MinGW_x86) - this one
is known to work. (Every newer build should work, too.)

SEH support and C11/C++11 threading are not yet relevant.

Regards,