TLS for Android

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Thu Mar 20 09:02:01 PDT 2014

On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 10:25:22 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> So that was a deadend, looks like it's back to the packed TLS
> approach and having ldc generate IR that calls my
> __tls_get_addr manually.

Since packed TLS looks like the way this needs to be done, any
chance one of the ldc developers might be able to toss this off?

This is the first time I've ever tinkered with a compiler, so it
will very likely take me longer than it would take one of you.
Right now, I'm looking at hacking dmd to do this, as that seems
like the fastest route to get something working, but obviously
ldc will need it too for Android/ARM and the dmd patch is not
going to be reusable for ldc.

If not, not a big deal, I'm sure I'll get something working
eventually.