SPARC Solaris Support

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Mon Mar 24 14:34:19 PDT 2014

On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 21:18:49 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>>> One of the problems here is that it is not easy to get access
>>> to a sparc-solaris machine, otherwise I would already have
>>> done it.
>> Nowadays, you can rent out all kinds of exotic hardware online.
>> Googling for "sparc zone vps," I get two results, although the
>> second one doesn't give much RAM for the developer plan:
>
> Unfortunately I don't see any way in the near future to rent
> out our company machines.
>
> If I were running my own business I would hand it to you
> directly...but "our" IT organization is *very* beuraucratic.
>
> Thanks for all the good answers anyway,
> Per
I think you misunderstand my suggestion.  For $45, you could rent
out a zone at that first link for a month and give Kai access to
it.  That way, you don't give someone outside the company access
to your machines.  Sometimes the host will offer free access for
open source projects, as that will mean more software developed
for their platform.  As for what kind of bounty it'd take for Kai
to work on a port, you'd have to ask him. :)