SPARC Solaris Support

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Mar 25 01:21:35 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 25 March 2014 at 06:23:33 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Hi Joakim!
>
> On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 20:38:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Alex already put in a fair amount of Solaris/x86 support into
>> dmd and druntime.
>
> Good to hear! I installed OpenSolaris now. Let's see if I can
> get LDC running on it.

What compiler do you plan on using to build ldc?  I had some
experience porting to Solaris/x86 years ago and I had some
problems with the compilers available, until I found a gcc and
configuration that worked right.  Maybe that's not as much of a
problem these days, now that OpenIndiana and other open-source
builds have progressed further.

>> Now if I could only find an ARM vps... ;)
>
> For ARM development I bought a singleboard computer:
> http://www.inforcecomputing.com/product/moreinfo/ifc6410.html

That looks like a nice board, though I wonder how well it works
with a Qualcomm chip, which I think are notorious for being
pretty closed.  I bought a Pandaboard ES a couple years back, but
had to leave it at a friend's place when I moved.  Maybe I'll get
him to send it to me eventually.