SPARC Solaris Support

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun May 4 21:58:36 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 10 April 2014 at 05:56:05 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 April 2014 at 08:14:02 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 9 April 2014 at 06:29:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
>> wrote:

>>> Doesn't druntime already support Solaris? I know I've seen a
>>> couple of version statements for Solaris.
>>
>> There is some support in Dmd and druntime- I ran across it
>> when porting to bionic/Android- but it doesn't appear to be
>> complete.
>
> Yes, there is some support. But current dmd has some compile
> errors on Solaris (nothing serious, I'll prepare a pull for
> it). And I miss something like core.sys.solaris in druntime.

The DMD compile errors are fixed now. I also created a pull
request to enable Solaris support in druntime (again). For LDC,
the translation of the following files in druntime is missing:

<link.h>, <elf.h>, <sys/link.h>, <sys/elf.h>

These files are required to for section support. (DMD uses
brackets here. For FreeBSD, I used section information from ELF.
The same code can be used for Solaris.) Any volunteers?

Phobos has still some compile errors because socket constants are
missing. I did not yet identify the missing module.

Regards,