Remaining Travis merge-2.064 failure

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon May 26 02:02:50 PDT 2014

Hi Kai,

On 05/26/2014 07:56 AM, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> This creates the executable stdiobase without a link error and without
> using -lcurl. I don't understand this. Any ideas? (All on Ubuntu 12 64bit.)

As I mentioned, I suspect that the issue is dependent on the order the
linker searches the object files. Several object files might have the
missing template symbol, curl.o just being one of them.

If you run the failing compile with -L-M, you should see a mention of
why curl.o is pulled in near the top of the output. IIRC the output also
includes information about for which specifc module the symbol was
requested. Then, you'd need to debug into LDC to see why the symbol in
question is not emitted to the module that needs it.

Best,
David