msvc linker error: can't find kernel32.lib

Dustin via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 20 06:29:52 PST 2014

I compiled ldc on Windows 7 following the instructions in the
wiki, no issues there. I can compile D programs just fine with no
linker errors only if I launch a visual studio 64 bit developer
command prompt. However I want to use visualD to compile my
programs. Visual studio doesn't even set the environment
variables for the linker because I get the same "missing
kernel32.lib" error. I tried reading vcvars64.bat, which is
called when I launch the developer command prompt, to understand
how the environment is set up, but I got totally lost trying to
read it. Any suggestions on how I can permenantly set up my
environment so visual studio's linker is happy?