Segmenation fault in rt_finalize2 when using std.stdio with shared libraries

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 18 15:36:06 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 18 October 2014 at 19:24:23 UTC, Harm wrote:
> I've build ldc from the master branch in github using
> -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=on using Xubuntu 14.04. Am I missing some
> flags or is the shared library support not complete yet?

This use case should actually be covered by the druntime shared
library tests:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/druntime/tree/e383a9bbdcd05cc6c315554df25658d6487c7176/test/shared/src

Thus this aspect of runtime loading should generally work on
Linux x86_64, unless of course there is some kind of build system
regression causing the tests not to be run on Travis CI.

Maybe you could try experimenting with the druntime tests to see
what might cause the issue? Use "ctest -R druntime-test-shared
--verbose" to get the initial build command.

David