Linking problem

Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 19 11:12:05 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-10-18 at 22:43 +0000, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
[…]
> I would think by now you know how this works. ;)

Indeed, I was following my usual strategy of checking on the email list
I hadn't done something silly…

> In case of inexplicable build problems, the first thing to try is
> to start with a whole new build directory. make clean is
> auto-generated by CMake and might also be incomplete (that would
> be a valid bug report, as it can reasonably be expected to work).
>
> If this doesn't resolve the issue, please open a GitHub ticket
> with the relevant version/environment information and
> instructions how to reproduce the issue. Even if you can't get
> the test case down to a single file, it's still better than
> having no test case at all. Taking blind guesses really doesn't
> work too well.

…in this case it seems someone fixed it for me as I am now getting a
perfectly good build and I did nothing other than wait and "git pull;
git submodule update".

The whole thing was clearly a false alarm. Which is good :-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk