LDC 0.15.0 alpha1 released! Please help test!

Marco Leise via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 31 03:23:57 PDT 2014

Am Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:56:27 +0000
schrieb "Anonymus" <a at b.com>:

> The only minor problem is that I
> can't use the compilation speed of dmd during development because
> it is unable to link against my gtkd (compiled by an old LDC
> version) - not sure wether that is related.

And that's why on Gentoo Linux I made it so GtkD is installed
once per dmd version, ldc2 version, gdc version and pointer
size. So on Gentoo you can unleash the speed of DMD with
installed D libraries and also compile your release versions
with ldc2 or gdc.

Just remember not to mix object files produced by different
compilers or different compiler versions. Some APIs in Phobos
changed even from 2.066.0 to 2.066.1.

--
Marco