Building for ARM with LDC

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at
Thu Sep 11 14:29:51 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 09:44:29 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> The std.string.sformat issue with the phobos tests that I 
> mentioned earlier was in a static ctor for  Once 
> I removed that module from the test runner, I got 4 phobos 
> modules' tests to pass, 10 modules assert in a test somewhere, 
> 44 seg fault, and 8 say they "Aborted," so I'm 4/69 on the 
> phobos unit tests right now (I got std.traits to compile with a 
> small fix).  Is that about what you guys got when you ran the 
> phobos tests on ARM before?
> I can't say if EH is the main issue or if there are other 
> porting issues, as I haven't started looking into the details 
> yet.

I just tried cross-compiling to ARM with the merge-2.066 branch 
and llvm 3.5 and the latter seems to make a bunch of seg faults 
go away. :) rt.minfo passes its tests now, but core.time asserts 
and so does core.internal.convert still.  As for phobos, 3 
modules pass, 46 modules assert- 41 of which assert in one test 
in std.format, not sure why other modules are running tests for 
std.format- only 9 segfault, and 10 are "Aborted," so I'm down to 
3/69 now, but hopefully much easier to fix with less segfaults.

I didn't get this improvement with merge-2.066 and llvm 3.4, so 
it's definitely llvm 3.5 that made the difference, not sure why.

More information about the digitalmars-d-ldc mailing list