Tiny executables

Vladimir Panteleev via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 18 21:45:01 PDT 2014

Hi, I'm trying to integrate LDC into SlimD
(https://github.com/CyberShadow/SlimD).

1. I couldn't find an equivalent to DMD's -betterC, to avoid
generating ModuleInfos. I thought that -fdata-sections and
-ffunction-sections would make it unnecessary, however LDC still
generates a .ctors section, which linkers don't discard.

2. How does one do incremental compilation and LTO with LDC?
Clang has -emit-llvm, but ldc2.exe doesn't have such an option.

3. Do I understand correctly that LDC uses COFF object files,
however uses gcc/ld for linking? Meaning that MinGW uses COFF
files on Windows as well?