MSVC x64: Compilation issues with current head and LLVM 3.5 final

kink via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 22 11:17:45 PDT 2014

>> I'll switch soon to VS2013. These problems should vanish then.

You may wanna reconsider and wait for VS2014. ;)
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2014/06/18/crt-features-fixes-and-breaking-changes-in-visual-studio-14-ctp1.aspx

"In the Visual Studio "14" CTP we have fully implemented the C99
Standard Library, with the exception of any library features that
depend on compiler features not yet supported by the Visual C++
compiler (notably, <tgmath.h> is not implemented). There are
undoubtedly some remaining conformance issues--we know of a few,
including that _Exit is missing and wcstok has the wrong
signature, and we are working to fix these."

These are pretty good news indeed! By relaxing the D real type to
FP64 in LDC2 for Windows and relying on the VS2014+ CRT we could
probably get away with a minor number of hacks in druntime/Phobos
(and get rid of a few legacy workarounds)! :))