Weird thing about building ldc under VS2013 x86

Toby Chen via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 18:22:57 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I was trying to build the LDC from master(de75dc), the ldc2.exe
built just fine (although the LLVMX86Utils.lib was not linked
against firstly).

However, I could not get the runtime library to be built, in
which there was a problem within
${BUILD_ROOT_DIR}\import\core\stdc\math.d.

Here is a snippet form it:

version( DigitalMars )
{
     version( Win32 )
         version = DMC_RUNTIME;
     version( Win64 )
         version = MSVC_RUNTIME;
}

version( LDC )
{
     version( Win64 )
         version = MSVC_RUNTIME;
}

It seems like it intends not to specify the runtime library when
compiling under Win32, which caused isnan(XXX); to be undefined.
I noticed that the wiki page explicitly points out that I have to
have "Windows 7 x64, of course!". Is it intentional to prevent me
from building under x86?