Weird thing about building ldc under VS2013 x86

kink via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 26 12:19:28 PDT 2014

On Friday, 26 September 2014 at 16:47:37 UTC, Trass3r wrote:
>>> OT: Why would you have to go with x86? Just curious.
>> Well, I don't have to. I just feel better with the BSD
>> licensed llvm, and llvm works closer to windows ecosystem than
>> gcc. I'm just trying it out.
>
> ? I asked about 32 bit software, not llvm vs gcc.

That's what I thought. Using x64, LDC/druntime/Phobos all compile
[only thing needed: "x86utils" in LDC's CMakeLists.txt, line 19];
druntime and Phobos even pass all unit tests (in debug at least,
I haven't checked the release yet).
I'm deeply impressed by the progress regarding MSVC x64 since
last time I checked (approximately a year ago)!!

Kudos to the LDC developers!

Btw I've just created a Wiki account to update the MSVC page
accordingly.