How to deal with inline asm functions in Phobos/druntime?

David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 04:29:15 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc
<digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com> wrote:
> BTW: Many users of LDC want fast math functions. Having a better
> implementation of math functions is therefore desirable.

Speaking about performance: Haven't we switched to 64 bit reals on
Win64 for the time being? If so, we'd probably want a version of ilogb
that uses SSE instead of the x87 FPU. This is probably (I'm rather
sure, but did not measure it) a much bigger performance problem than
any overly long general purpose register pushing/popping prologues
generated by non-naked asm functions.

ilogb() does not seem to be a commonly used function, though, so it
might not be worth the effort.

 — David