Survey: Can we drop support for LLVM versions prior to 3.5?

Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 9 22:56:34 PDT 2015

Hi all!

Currently LDC can be compiled with LLVM 3.1-3.6 with support for
LLVM trunk constantly added.

Because the LLVM API is not stable this broad support becomes
more and more a burden. It is also likely that this set of LLVM
libraries will not be supported by the new Travis container
(which I like to use because of more RAM and CPU cores).

Versions 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 have serious bugs which forces us to
disable optimizations for some tests. Especially 3.3 is unusable
with OS X!

Therefore I like to know which LLVM version do you use with LDC.

If no one objects then the plan would be that the next major
release is the last one which can be compiled with LLVM 3.1-3.4.

Please give feedback!

Regards,